Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Not A Stumble 

Years of experience and longevity of life are in the forefront of her mind. This incredulously brave woman spoke only to me. A story woven so intricately should be shared with millions, instead kept locked up tight, until I stumbled upon her.  I was trudging along the pitted road of my burdened soul when our eyes met - instantly she knew I was parched. How could this elderly woman quench this foreboding 'thirst'? Somehow the knowledge was there. The journey for each of us had been quite opposite, but on the contrary eerily the same. The water always found me, or I it. Sitting along the shoreline the waves seemed mesmerized by her strength.  As she placed her left hand over her left eye,  then her right hand over her mouth all I could do was stare. Then the weeping began as her story was told. When she was through a smile appeared upon my face; I was the key all along. And even though she had vanished right before my own two eyes my thirst had been quenched. Conversation, advice, and possibility transcended into a bond that would never be broken. An angel, sent to show me my gift..  a gift I had all along.  No, she hadn't spoken words with her mouth as it was covered. Only one eye visible so as to focus intently on my doubting heart.  Our minds had been  entwined, my soul was renewed,  and I knew exactly what had been said while not a hint of speech had been uttered. Encounters like these are not a stumble.
Written by #aprilkcorbett @akcorbettauthor 
Late night Writing prompt via Books,  Blogs,  Readers,  & Writers FB Vowelor : Books, Blogs & People

No comments:

Post a Comment