Sunday, May 6, 2018

Gracefully Sane

I wondered how I ended up here. 
As I settled onto the cool sand, after the Florida sun dipped behind the waters edge. 
My toes dug deep as I inhaled the salty air, exhaling always felt selfish, but you must exhale in order to stay alive. 
That was just it. I wasn't living. I was existing. 
Pulled in every direction, guilted over minor details, and berated for being me. 
As I tried harder, each and every moment felt as if they'd be pulled out from beneath. 
No where to turn and no one to tell. 
Life sped on by with the lure of change. 
But change never came.
Hope became hopelessness, until one day I removed 'lessness. 
This is when my true HOPE was found.
In my willingness to believe in myself, to love myself, and know God had always been right by my side. 
How could one person allow me to question myself on so many levels? I certainly knew I was not insane, but decided instead I was gracefully sane for walking away when I did. 
And just like that everything changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment