Monday, June 8, 2015

Travelling Voyage- Great Expectations' of our own

Pulling up to the no name marina after a five hour drive we weren't sure what to expect. The plan was to meet a guy who helps the out of state broker show their listings in the Keys. He met us at the gate and from phone conversations he fit the description in my mind- no fuss, laid back, and friendly. He directed me to the restroom on site and as I walked towards them I was a bit surprised to see a small horse slowly approach from the corners bend. When I came out he was situated directly in front of the exit. I slid out the door,  said a quick hello and joined the guys on the dock. Our chariot in waiting was a small boat with only a ledge to sit on. Hoping it wouldn't rain again, the sun peeked out at us and we were off. Zooming across the waters with the salty spray of the sea and wind my hair I was taking the moment in with pure enjoyment. Once we reached the bridge we could see what quite possibly could become our future home, the catamaran in question.  He tied up along side and we climbed aboard. A wave of emotions splashed over me, and as I later learned my husband as well;  disappointment and excitement. It was definitely in need of some long overdue TLC. Realizing as we looked her over this would not be a problem, as long as they were willing to accept a lower bid. Before we were done raindrops beckoned us to leave. It didn't matter. At that moment it just meant we were closer to making our dream a reality. As the rain picked up it was time to head back and so we sped across the waters with the rain pelting at us. I was grateful the boat guy had loaned me his jacket. Thoughts of the future danced across my mind. The boat life seems right, and wasn't the rain a sign of good luck? Although I don't believe in luck I do believe in blessings. What's meant to be will be; and there was a peace that came over me as we watched the lightning in the distance. Soon we were back on land, off to the hotel to clean up for dinner and have the discussion on whether or not to make an offer. They say sleep on it, pray about it, weigh the pros & cons... check, check & check. Today we put in an offer! Now we wait. Well, that's nothing new. Good things come to those who wait, right?
photo credit April K Corbett

No comments:

Post a Comment