Sunday, June 21, 2015

Learning As I GrOw- A Father's Love

As a little girl I was definitely a daddy's girl. He couldn't stand to hear me cry as a baby so he'd rock me to sleep more often than not. He was there for me in the middle of the night when I had nightmares and the one who would actually get in the kiddie pool with me. To a child these things are of high importance. We'd plant flowers, go blueberry picking, build snowmen, go sledding, and so much more. As I grew, I saw the hard working, God fearing family man that he was; and still is. The most important thing he ever taught me was that Jesus loves me, He lives in my heart and to always trust in Him. As I became a teen it wasn't so cool to hug your dad, get & give kisses or hang out together. After my parents divorce we moved out of state which placed a strain on our relationship, not because of anything anyone did, it's something that just happens. A few weeks in the Summer became our new normal. As a woman I now can appreciate the ups & downs of life. You see things so differently as a child. The love I have for my dad remains true, even when we don't see eye to eye. Not once has he missed a birthday or Christmas and although it is difficult for him to express in person, the cards he sends really do say it all. My dad will always be my hero. You see, his love for our heavenly Father was the greatest lesson I ever learned from him. We continue to make memories, reminiscent of the old. I am grateful to still have him in my life. Whether you had a father figure in your life or not, regardless of the type of relationship it was or is please know that God is there, taking their place, loving and leading. Thank you dad for introducing me to your Father above, who in turn is mine and who can be yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment