Monday, May 18, 2015

Learning As I GrOw: sharing my heart

I recently took a few days off and flew to my home town to visit my ailing grandfather and also lend support to my grandmother. They are both in their 90's. In all actuality it could be the last time I see them and as sad as that is I know they've both lived a long, full and happy life. They are the epitome of positivity, strength and love. I went by myself, which allowed me the leisure to visit with them, love on them and also to reflect on my own life. I have their traits. When I look back on all I've been through I don't feel strong, I just was and continue to be. My grandparents taught me that being positive is key, In a world that seems to perpetuate negativity I am blessed to have experienced just the opposite. That's not to say I haven't had my share of turmoil at one point or another, but it certainly helped shape the person I am today. My family and I recently took a long overdue weekend retreat to the Keys where we took time for one another. I don't think couples do as much together as they used to; with all of the technology today it can be easy to take each other for granted. You never know when you will share a last moment together. Don't let the last memory be sitting at a table on your smart phone or working so late you can't say goodnight. Say I love you more, hold hands, take a day off together and share moments that will strengthen your bond. While in the Keys I kept seeing red hearts at businesses everywhere. I found out that an artist makes them to share with the community. The meaning: whatever you want it to be. In my mind an angel sharing love- isn't that what we all should be doing? Whether family, friend or foe life is too short for negative attitudes, busy schedules and insensitivity. We have the opportunity on a daily basis to share our hearts; I know I would much rather be remembered for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment