Friday, February 9, 2018

A LOVE So True

With Valentine's day soon approaching I felt it on my heart to share a story with you. An experience I encountered: a story about true love. As I was enjoying a stroll downtown I heard shouting in the distance. Shouting from people standing on a street corner. Their words could be better heard the closer I got, and immediately it bothered my spirit. My soul was saddened. Not saddened necessarily by what they were saying, but the way in which they believed it had to be said. Words were being yelled on how you could be saved, and what you should do to save your soul. You could see everyones avoidance. Being a Christian myself did not change my view that this is NOT how Jesus wants us to go about telling others about Him. Of course we are called to witness; shouting is ludicrous, only scares people away, and  nobody can save another persons soul- ultimately, only God can do that. Why would anyone want to learn about a God that yells and shouts?! Well He doesn't, and neither should we. God speaks to us in love and with compassion. God is love. When Jesus came to earth in human form He got to know people, He shared stories and teachings, He broke bread, and taught with love. As Christians it is in our actions, it is how we live, it is how we treat others that shows true witness. My response as we walked by was simply this ' they will know we are Christians by our LOVE', not by shouting. There was a scripted response given to me, of which I ignored, flashed a loving smile, and kept on walking. Those folks should ask themselves, just as we all should, what would Jesus do? Show LOVE. He is waiting. Waiting for you to simply ask Him into your heart. God cannot move in your life until you do. Reach out your hand- His is there. His love is true ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment